Now there is always a fall line for ‘Beta’ products and boy does Google love the word beta. Gmail is still in beta after god knows how long. None the less, Google’s new product the chrome is more of a disappointment rather than a ‘wow product’. I have been using Chrome for the past couple of days and the first thing i noticed and probably the only good thing was the amount of real estate available. Only a tool button towards the right houses all your immediate needs and the interface is light and simple – as Googly as ever.
But thats where the excitement stops. For a browser that was released with the sole purpose of bridging the divide between existing browsers and web based ‘applications’ this browser sure has a long way to go. One look at the Google Chrome Googlegroups site will show you just how many seemingly trivial issues are being noticed. While i agree that the product is still in Beta, this is probably not what i expected to see. And yes i faced my own issues before i decided to outright reject the product in its present state.
While the whole world is gawking at the fact that Google Chrome captured 1% (reports with higher numbers are out there too), i believe its just the hardcore fans and those who were intrigued with the product that downloaded it. The real test ,however, would be to see what the market share would be after 4 weeks of being out there.
- How long does it take to get an online shares trading account opened up? I found out that a procedure that should take no more than 2 weeks can extend and extend up to 2 freaking months.
- It takes more that 30 minutes to try to explain the difference between a blog and a forum to your boss and convince him to go with one.
- It only takes a second to realize you’ve been a total jacka$$.
- It might take upto an eternity trying to correct the mistakes that you have made.
- The 2 hours you spent watching TMNT will never be restored to you. The 30 second video clips 😉 that you watch may yield more emotional and physical stimulation.
One of the many things, yeah many things, i hate about my town is the fact that you can never plan and get anything done. I normally don’t schedule any activity over the weekend besides watching a movie or three(couldn’t write 2 here 😉 ). But today I decided it was time to get some stuff done – stuff that i have been putting off for quite some time. And once i reach there to get the thing done, can’t do it coz there was no electricity.
What does a man have to do to get things to work according to a plan that he seldom conjures up. Its plain ridiculous. Now i know why they say “life in the west (read middle east and west) is so much easier and faster than out here”. I wonder if people living in cosmopolitan cities endure the same predicaments as us poor folks out in the suburbs.