It is DIFFICULT to get a man to understand something when his SALARY depends on his NOT UNDERSTANDING IT – Upton Sinclair
Global Warming is definitely an issues that’s on our minds, at least our sub-conscious. An Inconvenient Truth certain helps one get a perspective into the seriousness of this problem. Although many people, material have tried to help open peoples’ eyes to this grave concern, none have managed to drive the point home better.
Al Gore has demonstrated through this documentary, without a shadow of doubt, the impending consequences that we are about to face as a result of our ‘ignorant and blind’ actions over the past decades. What captured my attention for the entire duration was the sequence in which his point were stated, adequate use of imagery and video and also his ability to connect with his audience no matter what region of the globe they are from.
The idea of ‘go green’ is not something new. Its been around for quite some time. I remember a show on Discovery that discussed this very issue form a ‘worst case’ perspective. Although i watched this show at least 5 years back, i do distinctly remember the designs of an architect ( i have not been able to research him on Google) who came up with designs for buildings meant to be constructed on water – the designs being inspired by his fascination towards ‘gears’.
In my quest to find anything i could about the architect and his designs, i stumbled upon a few (out of millions) of ‘green designs’ and other ‘green news’ that are worth taking a look.
We have to be able to change the world we will in, for us and for our future and perhaps a renewable resource like ‘political will’ could give us the direction we are looking for to help forge on in this time of uncertain futures.
Filed under Consipracy, Did you know, Earth, Events, General, India, Life, News, Personal, Politics, Rewiews, The Web
- How long does it take to get an online shares trading account opened up? I found out that a procedure that should take no more than 2 weeks can extend and extend up to 2 freaking months.
- It takes more that 30 minutes to try to explain the difference between a blog and a forum to your boss and convince him to go with one.
- It only takes a second to realize you’ve been a total jacka$$.
- It might take upto an eternity trying to correct the mistakes that you have made.
- The 2 hours you spent watching TMNT will never be restored to you. The 30 second video clips 😉 that you watch may yield more emotional and physical stimulation.
One of the many things, yeah many things, i hate about my town is the fact that you can never plan and get anything done. I normally don’t schedule any activity over the weekend besides watching a movie or three(couldn’t write 2 here 😉 ). But today I decided it was time to get some stuff done – stuff that i have been putting off for quite some time. And once i reach there to get the thing done, can’t do it coz there was no electricity.
What does a man have to do to get things to work according to a plan that he seldom conjures up. Its plain ridiculous. Now i know why they say “life in the west (read middle east and west) is so much easier and faster than out here”. I wonder if people living in cosmopolitan cities endure the same predicaments as us poor folks out in the suburbs.
What God has brought together, let no man break asunder
Most Christians pride themselves with the fact that their family values are upheld by the very fact that they do things together. They pray together, eat together, watch TV together etc etc.
A family that prays together, stays together
But is this true? New data says other wise. The results of a recent poll on this very subject reveals surprising results. Read the entire article here
So the next time someone you know talks about the subject of divorce make sure you throw this at them. It could turn out to be a very interesting conversation
You know you’re having a bad day when:
- Theres a blackout the moment you awake.
- Your boss dumps truckloads of work the moment you pick your bag to leave for home.
- Theres a blackout the moment you step into your house after arriving from work(late in the night!@#$%^&).
- The electricity returns just in time for you to watch your favourite soap’s re-run and suddenly theres a blackout at the signal distribution center, thereby making it impossible for you to watch the crucial first 15 minutes!
- Your browsing starts off with newsvine, registering you as a new user but refusing to let you log in/change your password.(The newsvine admin,however,resolves the issue with lightning speed!)
- You try to call it a night after trying to upload a freaking post when your Live Writer decides its time to play b**ch.
- Your refusal to quit leads you to the wordpress site(to post the bloody ‘post’) when IT decides to play b**ch (refuses to let me delete random, algorithm generated, ‘temporary posts’ dumped on my blog by Live Writer)
- You try to edit the dumb ‘undeletable posts‘, so your readers dont have to deal with s***ty software generated content, you edit, and click ‘Save’ to find yourself staring at THIS!
- Your efforts to post the screen shot(read 8.) on zooomr lead you to THIS!!!
(Sigh) – “Its just one of those days!!!”
Sure, now someone is going to court for saying whats on his mind? Read this to find out exactly what im talking about.
» ShoeMoney.com Involved In A Landmark Blog Case – Slander In Comments : Shoemoney Marketing Thoughts
And make sure you do not comment because next time it could be you in court! (laughs)
powered by performancing firefox
Some people dread the thought of hitting the dance floor. Just ask my friend PS, he’ll tell you how much the thought, makes him sweat! Im sure he wouldnt believe this post, even if he were actually present when the following event(s) happened!
Today i had the opportunity of attending a concert (private concert) held for the employees of an IT organization. A famous Indian singer, popularly known as ‘K.K‘, was performing. Now im a shy person when it comes to social situations and i normally wouldnt do anything besides letting the gravitational forces keep my chair firmly attached to the ground. But today, however, i decided it was high time that i got off my behind and burnt some serious calories. So as the song progressed i remembered MsImperfect‘s advice and decided to act like i knew what i was doing. And what do you know, before i knew it, i suddenly found the people surrounding me(even some that ive never seen ever before in my entire life) joining in and synchronizing with my ‘dance steps’. Well it was fun to watch us all dance in unison (if youre not an Indian then you need to understand that we Indians dance in unison, havent you seen any Bollywood movies??) and I also managed to make the whole experience educational by learning a few moves. Its funny how some of my ‘dance steps’ came naturally. Now i believe my fear of dancing (to Indian Music) has gone forever…have to try dancing to hip-hop but i bet thats a whole different deal!
So there you have it PS, MsImperfect IS right after all – “Anyone can dance..”.